Pink is the roses that grow in spring
They are so pretty, they make me want to sing
They make me want to shout
In the rain as they dance about
Pink is lemonade
It tastes so great
If someone invited me to drink it
I would not be late.
Pink is the flamingos that play in the sun
Dancing on one foot looks like fun
Flamingos live in hot places
They have small eyes on their pink faces.
June 15, 1997
Tomorrow is the last day of school! I am really glad too. I’m getting sick of homework, and, Oh, just everything! But there are some things I know I will miss, like art, gym, but most of all Mrs. Lang, my reading teacher. I will do a lot this summer and I will NOT STOP WRITING.
Not a story, but definitely a lie.
"Think about some of the foods you ate yesterday. If one of the foods was a plant, write it in the plant column; if it came from an animal, write it in the animal column."
Peanuts (LIES. I’ve been allergic to peanuts/nuts my entire life. Why, Cathy? Why?)
Chicken nuggets (oh, god)
Meat balls (seriously, Mom?)
Ribs (come on)
Meat loaf (how did I not have a heart attack by 2nd grade?)
1. The king and queen solved their problem when the king did what he wanted the queen to know how to do, and the queen did what she wanted the king to know how to do.
2. King Pilaf wanted the queen to be wise, pretty enough to please him, and to know how to bake ginger bread.
3. Three things that happened on the day that everything went wrong: the king dropped his crown on his foot, the Lord was ill, and the queen was cross.
4. Yes, I think Lord Chamberlain in this story is important because he helped the king.
5. I knew the queen was sorry when she looked in the mirror and said the king had married her because she was wise and it was not wise to yell at him.
Miss Smith is my teacher. Everyone thinks she is a zombie. Right now we were in one of her 25,000 bedrooms, when my friend (her name is Maya) dragged me in the bedroom (which is the spookiest one), with a human skull on the mantle and pictures of our art teacher. She is a witch!
But back to the story, Maya and her friend were never seen again.
But that was over 10,000 years back. Now it is Halloween and two other kids went trick-or-treating at that old house and the ghosts of Maya and her friend haunted the two kids for the rest of their lives.
And this story has to end but it went on and on and The End